Content Posted to Edwards Lifesciences’ Sites
Certain areas on our Sites may enable you to access on-line forums or message boards where you can post messages and read messages posted by other users (“Forums”). Edwards Lifesciences is not responsible for and does not endorse any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics or other materials, including without limitation any information relating to procedures or applications which are not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (i.e. off-label uses) (“Content”) submitted to us or posted on such Forums by Site users. By posting Content on the Sites, however, you grant Edwards Lifesciences a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive and fully sublicenseable right and license to reproduce, modify, publish, translate and otherwise use such Content for any purpose Edwards Lifesciences chooses, commercial, public or otherwise without compensation whatsoever.
You agree to be fully responsible for your own postings and agree to access and use the Forums at your own risk on an as-is basis. While Edwards Lifesciences has no obligation to monitor the Forums, it may, from time to time, monitor the Forums to determine whether postings comply with this Agreement, to guide the discussion on the Forums, or for other reasons. Edwards Lifesciences cannot and does not guarantee that it will post or continue to post every message or other Content that you or others submit to the Forums. Edwards Lifesciences reserves the right to edit or abridge postings for any reason and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or part, in Edwards Lifesciences’ sole discretion.
You must abide by the following rules in connection with your use of the Forums:
- You agree to post only messages that relate to the subject matter of the Forum.
- You agree not to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others. You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including, for example, an Edwards Lifesciences employee or officer, a Forum leader, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You agree not to post messages that contain material that is inappropriate, profane, pornographic, threatening, defamatory, inflammatory, infringing, obscene, or indecent or that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or would otherwise violate the law. This includes any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party.
- You agree to give attribution to others when you quote or paraphrase materials owned by others, and to limit your quotations to no more than 50 words.
- You agree not to upload files, or cause others to upload files, that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of another’s computer.
- You agree not to advertise or promote any goods or services in the Forums. This includes, among other things, “contests,” “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, and “pyramid schemes.”
- You agree to indemnify and hold Edwards Lifesciences harmless from and against any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or transmit through Edwards Lifesciences’ sites, your use of the Sites, or your violation of any rights of another.